Services: Master Planning, Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Administration
Size: 60,000 sq. ft.
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Kansas State University | Office Park Phase II
The vision behind the Kansas State University Office Park was to create a building that reinforces the university’s mission to be a place for innovation and collaboration, while taking advantage of the unique site location as the north gateway to the campus.
To guide the design process, the design team and the client established a set of principles, which included:
- Flexibility to accommodate tenants of varying sizes as well as diverse amenities
- Adaptable to future tenant changes and uses
- Strong Identity to reflect the Foundation’s mission and vision
- Environment that inspires innovation and creativity
- Complementary design to enhance, but not mimic, the design of Phase I
- Campus connectivity with maximized views of Bill Snyder Family Stadium
The resulting three-story building includes a cafe, event space, larger tenant spaces, and building support systems on the first floor. The second and third floors will accommodate smaller tenants ranging from 1,200-2,400 square feet, and will offer shared amenities including formal and informal collaboration spaces, conference rooms, employee break areas, and an outdoor terrace that overlooks Bill Snyder Family Stadium.